Here in this article I’ll give you the list of stores that accept EBT cards in the US. Thanks to advanced technology, the use of EBT Cards spread out during the COVID-19 pandemic through a program called the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT).
This card is used mostly for a program called SNAP, which provides food-purchasing assistance for low or No income people in the states, the average monthly EBT payout for a participant is $125.
Now ! What’s an EBT?
What is an EBT card
Before I start giving the list of stores that accept EBT cards, firstly let’s take a close look at what an EBT card is used for.
The Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits through a magnetically encoded payment card which is mainly used in the United States. It has largely been in operation since 2004.
The EBT cards look just like a credit or debit card and work similarly, and help reduce the stigma of nutrition assistance by eliminating conspicuous food stamps.
The US State governments provide benefits and track their usage through the EBT card system. The average monthly EBT payout for a participant is $125
Places That Accept Ebt Near Me
Well,there are numerous places that accept EBT near you.
That’s luck! Right?
To get to the nearest EBT card dealers, first you’ll need to make sure that you still have cash loaded on your card. If this is available,then you are good to go.
Here is how to locate places that accept EBT near you.
The SNAP Locator allows you to locate nearby SNAP-authorized retailers by entering your street address, city, and state, or even your zip code.
The locator allows you to choose stores that are either nearer to you or far away,by adjusting the miles reader.
How to access the snap retail locator
- Go the official locator website https://usda-fns.maps.arcgis.com
- In the space to find an address or place, you can input your current address,zip code or city.
- The Locator,would use your current location,to analyze stores nearer to you, depending on the Miles you choose.
- You’ll be given a list of stores with their addresses,so you can access them.
Here is an example,when I searched for my location in California,243 stores which are under 5miles were shown to me.
Where Can I Use My Ebt Card
Most major grocery stores will accept your EBT card, and also major retailers like Walmart and Target. Most pharmacies, like CVS and Walgreens, will also accept EBT payment for only eligible food items. You also can use an EBT card at some convenience stores,like gas stations, farmers markets, and local food cooperatives.
Here is a list of stores that accept EBT card payment in the USA.
Most supermarkets, pharmacies and corner stores in the United States accept EBT Cards.
I have made a list of major grocery store chains that accept EBT card payment, which includes Albertsons, BI-LO, Costco, Kmart, Kroger, Publix, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and Whole Foods.
1. Walmart: Walmart does accept EBT card payment during checkout and also offers pickup service. You can order for items online and don’t forget that your EBT card can not be used to pay for deliveries
2. ALDI: You can use your P‑EBT card, just like a SNAP EBT card, to buy groceries online from ALDI, and also you’ll need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to begin purchasing groceries online at Aldi.
3. Albertsons: Albertsons has strict restrictions on which customers can use SNAP benefits for online orders,they offer grocery delivery in a variety of areas, but it does not accept EBT cards for online purchases or delivery.
4. Kroger: Kroger does accept EBT payment,but mostly this store doesn’t allow you to pay for deliveries through your card,with this you can only order from the card and pay with your cash.
5. Costco: you can use your EBT at Costco but you cannot use your EBT/SNAP benefits or food stamps to pay for food at Costco’s food court.
6. Target: Target has over 1.9 thousands store locations throughout all 50 states and the district of Columbia, all of which accept EBT cards for in-store purchases only.
8 Sam’s Club
To get the list of minor stores that accept EBT cards near you, kindly use the first step above. Use the snap retail locator to browse through your location.
Grocery Stores That Accept Ebt Near Me
Here are some stores in California that accept EBT in my location under 5 miles. You can generate for your location by using the snap retail locator.
Mill Street Market
Hana Asian Market
7 Eleven Store 38114 A
Dollar General 13638
Hanhouns Brothers Inc
SHOP RITE LIQUOR MARKET 2
5 Boys Liquor
S&R MINI MART
NADER MARKET & PRODUCE
How Do I Get A Replacement Ebt Card
If your Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card for Cash Assistance is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can get a replacement Online. You can visit the ConnectEBT website to order a new one by mail.
In addition,you can also Call customer service right away at (877) 328-9677. Wait for two card number prompts without entering your EBT card number and you will hear an order to report your card as lost or stolen. Once reported, your lost or damaged EBT card would be disabled and you’ll be directed on how to get a new card.
It doesn’t take much time for your EBT card to come in mail, you will receive an EBT card in the mail for a duration of about 5-10 days after your application has been approved. Additionally,You will also receive a PIN in the mail within a similar period of time but in a different delivery from your EBT card.